Cool Planet Clarity Ltd

Cool Planet Clarity LtdForum
< All topics

Registered StackHub users may elect to receive email notifications whenever a comment is posted on this forum.

There are 2 watchers.

Connect to Broker
Tapan Patel24th Mar 2022

Hallo,

I am trying to connect pahoMqttExt pod to HIVEMQ cloud, for the authentication of a broker, I am facing a problem. I have only the cert file provided by the HIVEMQ cloud. I have tried this cert file using mosquitto_pub/sub CLI-tool and it works without the key pem file.

Can you please provide me more information on how to configure this tag? or how to configure broker authentication in detail?

Regards, Tapan Patel

John MacEnri24th Mar 2022

Hi,

I've only tested cert based authentication against AWS IOT Core, but it should work for others as it's standard client cert authentication. I don't think it's possible to do with both the cert and the key.

The tags to configure the connection to the broker are pahoClientCertFile and pahoClientKeyFile and both must be just the file name (no path) and they must be located in <varDir>/<proj>/data/mqtt/

If you open up the cert file you received from HIVEMQ, possibly it has two sections, one for the cert, the other for the key. Copy out each section into a separate file for key and cert and try that.

Apart from that suggestion, I'm afraid I'm not sure how it's working with just the cert file.

Regards, John.

Tapan Patel25th Mar 2022

Hi John,

Many thanks for the reply, the only missing part was where to put the cert file. I have done the connector configuration with only the cert file and instead key file I have added the username and now it's working.

Once again I appreciate your help and wish you a nice time ahead!

Best Regards, Tapan