Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of an organization. We go beyond traditional consulting, using a people-centric approach designed to make immediate and lasting performance improvements.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in building systems engineering & commissioning, information technology, software development, and building automation system and controls to make smart building performance a reality for our clients.
Altura is actively seeking an individual with exceptional technical & communications skills, who enjoys software user engagement, problem-solving , teamwork, and has an interest in leveraging software tools to improve building performance. This role is expected to be highly collaborative, focused on deployment and sustaining of our analytics software that directly supports our high impact client projects, and helps us grow and scale our impact.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Deploy and sustain Altura Analytics SkySpark software as a key member of our team.
- Assist internal and client facing application users in debugging, and escalating bugs and feature requests to maintain leading-edge software.
- Deploy hotfixes for bugs where feasible in collaboration with the development team.
- Collect and synthesize bugs, feature requests, and enhancements to our applications and UX. Collaborate with the development team to support initial sprint planning.
- Ensure our internal users and clients gain required proficiency in our analytics applications through one-on-one and group training and support settings.
- Help to elevate our level of client project software delivery so that our production environments maintain high levels of usability across projects and databases.
- Work effectively as a member of a dynamic, empowered, professional team.
- The preferred work location for this position is our Newport, CA headquarters office. Our Oakland, CA office , Seattle, WA office or remote positions will also be considered.
- Strong collaborative skills and demonstrated customer service attitude
- Technically oriented critical thinker and problem-solver
- Experience in analytics software and/or strong desire to learn SkySpark software
- Experience with large databases and technical/engineer use case software
- Some experience in computer programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or software related field.
- Desire to work in a diverse, mission-driven firm with core values of empowerment, teamwork, and optimism.
- Experience or interest in building automation & controls software
- Experience in data analysis and manipulating large datasets using query languages.
- Experience or interest in built environment sustainability
- Experience in building/mechanical/electrical engineering or building facilities operations
More About Altura
Altura is proud to offer a generous benefits package which includes competitive starting salary with an automatic 3% 401k contribution, plus an annual profit-sharing program which all employees participate in on day one. Details of our benefits package include:
- Generous annual profit-sharing program
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage (company pays 80% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums; life and LTD benefits are 100% paid by Altura)
- 401(k) plan (3% Company contribution, all contributions are always 100% vested)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- 10 holidays per year, plus 15 days paid time off per year (increases to 20 days after 5 years of service)
- Monthly smartphone and home internet reimbursement
We pride ourselves on our company’s unique entrepreneurial, high energy culture and flat organizational structure which empowers employees to take action and achieve results for our clients.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please specify “Analytics Software Sustaining Engineer” in the subject line.